Too young to tell?

Too young. By 'mystery chick' do you mean it was an extra from a hatchery order? If so, the name of the hatchery could help determine breed.
A friend if my mothers hatched some eggs a stray hen laid in her shed. Hen never returned after laying 9. 4 made it. And I ended up with 1. I have 3 hens already. But never had a chick before.

I kind of want it to be a roo. It has a little comb coming in. But no coloring and no waddles yet. Friday it turns 4 weeks. Time is flying by I got it at 5 days old.
Ok, this was my rooster at 4 weeks. He is all grown up now and crowing. :hit
IMG_20200525_211438 (1).jpg

Ok, this was my rooster at 4 weeks. He is all grown up now and crowing. :hitView attachment 2458521
Aww look at that red coming in! I love the crowing.
Awhile back I had 2 silkie roos. They were brothers and loved each other so much. I had to rehome because a neighbor I had at that time was just... it was awful. Their little crows weren't even loud at all. She just didnt like us I think.
I miss my wake up calls though. They were such fluff butts. Their names were roo and Paul. My big gay roosters haha

Aww look at that red coming in! I love the crowing.
Awhile back I had 2 silkie roos. They were brothers and loved each other so much. I had to rehome because a neighbor I had at that time was just... it was awful. Their little crows weren't even loud at all. She just didnt like us I think.
I miss my wake up calls though. They were such fluff butts. Their names were roo and Paul. My big gay roosters haha
Awe that's so adorable and i'm so sorry you had to give them away :hit:hit:hit:hit

Back
Top Bottom