Took some pictures today

Maidservant

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
I went out to take pictures of the rabbits I have for sale, and of course, the chickens were wanting to have pictures taken too.

First off, this picture was taken about a week ago, and this little roo had been picked on pretty badly. This is him sleeping it off after a bath:
IMG_1769.jpg

Here is my white EE roo, who needs a home:
IMG_1784.jpg

My red EE roo, who also needs a home:
IMG_1786.jpg

My rescues begging for treats (they're still in quarrantine until Saturday):
IMG_1789.jpg

Elvis, my little sultan roo that loves to pose for the camera:
IMG_1793.jpg

Ugli Chicken, my bantam frizzle, with feathers this time:
IMG_1794.jpg

I'll probably take more this afternoon, and especially after the chicks hatch!

Enjoy the pictures!
Emily in NC

ok i have to say: I LOVE YOUR WHIGHT EE ROO!!!! and i love your red EE roo but i already have a red EE roo that looks like him. here he is:
animals250-1.jpg

he doesnt look qhite right in the picture bcasue the sun was shinning BRIGHT!

I've got a few more reds, a red and lavender (I think), and a black and white one, and all of my EE boys need homes! A couple of my silkie boys need homes too. Unfortunately, no one wants roos.

I'll take 'em! that is if you'll send to tx. Always have room for roos. Sounds like the official morning wake up call here. 5 am wake ups all around

You'll have to come get the roos if you want them, but if you're ever in NC, come on over (that goes for anyone who wants one or a few roos!).

The rescue girls are golden comets and they lay super jumbo eggs. They're so big I can't shut the egg carton! I'll typically put four of the huge eggs in, then four of the RIR eggs in, and finally four of the bantam/silkie eggs in. People are surprised when they see a mix, and are willing to buy more, lol.

I've got one chick out, and two more on the way. I'm still waiting for them to pip, but they are moving around and peeping at each other through the egg!

Thanks for the complements! I'll try to get more pictures soon!

Emily in NC

lol well going up there would def. give my 88 chevy 'hippy' van a workout.
alas... we dun have any school vacation til christmas
sad.png

hubby won't like me telling him, stay here, get the girls ready for the bus in the mornings, i'll be right back. by the way, where'd we put the big map?
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh, come on, road trips are fun!

I got four more rescue hens today, so now I'm up to 20 hens total if you count all of the broody silkies, and the two bantam girls. I also put most of the boys in prison tonight to keep them out of the yard and away from the girls. One of the poor little girls is afraid to get off of the roost because of the boys! That's why I'm trying to find them homes. I could just eat them, but I would rather them be in a place where they can have hens and just be boys.

Back
Top Bottom