Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Hey, would an smilingly abnormal amount of poop with tiny amounts of intestinal shed be a sign of intestinal worms? ( it's not blood, and its not an abnormal amount of poop, but a number have a tiny hint of that pinkish intestinal shed in them )
It sure could be a sign of worms. I've only seen "intestinal lining" here a few times, and each time I have seen it I worm with Safeguard orally at 0.23ml per pound for five days and the problem goes away.

-Kathy

@casportpony ...
...caecal worms?

@dawg53 ...
...I'll spray the coop and nest boxes once or twice a year with liquid Sevin and if it's a really bad mite 'season' I might whitewash the walls, boxes and roosts with lime.
I try not to overdo it on the chemicals, but it seems that with mites, you just gotta go caustic. (or they'll make you and your chickens ballistic...lol !!!)

-kim-

@casportpony ...
...caecal worms?

@dawg53 ...
...I'll spray the coop and nest boxes once or twice a year with liquid Sevin and if it's a really bad mite 'season' I might whitewash the walls, boxes and roosts with lime.
I try not to overdo it on the chemicals, but it seems that with mites, you just gotta go caustic. (or they'll make you and your chickens ballistic...lol !!!)

-kim-
You are correct! I only saw the one, but did look too hard for more.

-Kathy

Can you take some poop to a vet and have them check for worm eggs?

-Kathy

Maybe... The test would be sent out and cost a bit over $100... My vets don't do birds, or ferrets or ducks etc.... I have never wormed my birds, never even heard of doing it before I got on backyard chickens... Must've skipped those chapters in my reading...
I'm getting ready to collect eggs for breeding in a month or so, so I'm trying to get everybody up to tiptop shape.... Is a full spectrum medication for worms going to hurt them if they do not have worms?

...don't blame you !!! Ceacal poop is nasty
sickbyc.gif
and when loaded with worms it's even more repugnant. Although my dog would (and does) beg to differ
droolin.gif
!!!
He thinks chicken poop is better than fillet Mignon! And goose poop...Oh Boy !!! Now there's a delicacy worthy of a Michelin Star in his mind...lol !!!

-kim-

Maybe... The test would be sent out and cost a bit over $100... My vets don't do birds, or ferrets or ducks etc.... I have never wormed my birds, never even heard of doing it before I got on backyard chickens... Must've skipped those chapters in my reading...
I'm getting ready to collect eggs for breeding in a month or so, so I'm trying to get everybody up to tiptop shape.... Is a full spectrum medication for worms going to hurt them if they do not have worms?
Now would be the perfect time to worm them, but getting a good wormer in Canada is not easy like it is in the US. I know you can get Safeguard paste for horses easily, but I think getting Safeguard liquid or Valbazen liquid is much harder.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom