Topic of the Week - Feeding Ducks

Pics
I feed my ducks Purina duck feed for all stages, for treats they don’t like anything but peas and mealworms or BSFL. They forage a lot and eat any vegetable greens that are near the fence, my poor artichokes are naked on one side. They like broccoli leaves too. I’ve tried melons, blueberries, etc but if it’s not green or buggy, forget it.

I feed Flock Raiser crumbles to any ducklings we hatch out.
Since my drake and ducks live together with my hens, I feed everyone All Purpose Poultry crumble.
Everyone gets treats once a week to ensure they eat mostly their feed.
I will sometimes throw out scraps.

I used a feed calculator that I found on this website and some nutritional research to come up with a feed that is a mix of cracked corn, split peas, alfalfa, rice bran, flax seed, and pond fish food. I also give treats like 'parrot chop' (also found on this site), table scraps, and what ever flock party I can get on clearance at work. My ducks are also free range and have access to oyster shell

I feed Kalmbach flock maker 20%. I have muscovy ducks in varying ages and chickens. It has higher niacin than Purina. They free range all summer and get fruit and veggie scraps and also soldier worms.

Our girls love bananas. It's their most favorite treat. I smash them up and hand feed. They find every little speck on my fingers. Another fav is fresh corn on the cob. They find each and every kernel. We love watching them roll that cob back and forth between the four of them.🍌🦆:ya

Back
Top Bottom