Topic of the Week - Feeding table scraps to your flock

Pics
Have just made mine a lovely soup of veg and quorn ready for when I get home tomorrow evening.
yippiechickie.gif

my compost pile is close to my pens, and i dont want to leave scraps in the pen. im going to start throwing some in the yard while theys are free ranging. Actually my question is does anyone have issues with possums, general rodents/pest when its in the compost pile? I would rather not give them a reason to come to often

my compost pile is close to my pens, and i dont want to leave scraps in the pen. im going to start throwing some in the yard while theys are free ranging. Actually my question is does anyone have issues with possums, general rodents/pest when its in the compost pile? I would rather not give them a reason to come to often

Hi

I have compost bins and 4 cats so don't see rodents. We don't have possums in England so can't help with that one
big_smile.png

Hi

I have compost bins and 4 cats so don't see rodents.  We don't have possums in England so can't help with that one :D

I start mine giving mostly veggies when they are just days old, by the time they are 8 to 9 weeks old they are used to eating different items and usually they will eat happily whatever I put down for them.
great idea, im going to have to do that with my chicks, my older one is stuck in her ways...lol..and doesnt eat a lot of table scraps, but i found out yesterday she likes strawberries.

I have observed again and again and again that if one hen tastes something and starts to eat it, every other formerly reluctant hen follows suit and they all push each other away from what a moment ago was scary and now is delicious.

Back
Top Bottom