Topic of the Week - Hatching Eggs

When you crack one open look for the formation of the blastodisc and bullseye. These are chicken, but same concept

I really didn't want to Crack it open. Just wanted an easy way to find out without damaging the egg.
Unfortunately the only way to determine fertility without opening the egg is by incubating it and candling it after approximately 7 days to check for development. Before day 7 it's hard to tell for sure, unless you have a pale enough egg shell and a very strong light for candling. I usually candle again at day 10, before discarding clear eggs.

Last edited:
I have tried hatching 2x both times i have gotten one chick and the rest dont hatch first time the chicks were completely formed but didnt hatch the second stopped forming half around the last week my humidity was steady at 77% my temp fluxed a bit but only.4 or so help not sure what im doing wrong

I have tried hatching 2x both times i have gotten one chick and the rest dont hatch first time the chicks were completely formed but didnt hatch the second stopped forming half around the last week my humidity was steady at 77% my temp fluxed a bit but only.4 or so help not sure what im doing wrong
Welcome to BYC! Humidity at 77% for how many days?

Back
Top Bottom