Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

Pics
In my opinion the little giant is JUNK.
From the start if you tried to set the digital temp to 99.5 it would immediately go to over 115. If you set it to 98.3 it would react correctly. Until it jus started spiking temps.
The new farm innovator has a lot more room in it. So far it is holding the temp and cycling as it's supposed too.
I'm still partial to the hovabator though.

thank you this one has been such a disappointment :( my favorite hen had 6 eggs and b4 she started to set she was got by a hawk I thought I could hatch them but they started great! developing perfect and like day 18, bam! blood rings :(

I'm assuming you both have the digital model lgs.

One issue is the offset heater. Creates hot and cold corners.

The other main issue is the heater temp cord that is attached to the plastic sheet. It moves while the eggs turn and never sets in same spot if you open the lid.

I removed mine from the sheet and zip tied it to the wires in the lid. That way I could bend the end and place it where I wanted at egg level and position under the heater. It helped stabilize the temp swing. As any movement in it really made the heater act up.

I didn't trust it enough to use. As a hatcher. So I gave mine to someone that wanted to hatch.

Told them the issues.

The got 9 of 10 egg to hatch.

I have done the normal hatch and the dry hatch, both have failed in my styro little giant the grow to half way a bam ! blood ring I have had two rotten eggs almost explode inside ive done everything right, I'm abot to take it back to atwoods, whats the problem

What I was going to reply is what feedman wrote...lol

I'm assuming you both have the digital model lgs.

One issue is the offset heater. Creates hot and cold corners.

The other main issue is the heater temp cord that is attached to the plastic sheet. It moves while the eggs turn and never sets in same spot if you open the lid.

I removed mine from the sheet and zip tied it to the wires in the lid. That way I could bend the end and place it where I wanted at egg level and position under the heater. It helped stabilize the temp swing. As any movement in it really made the heater act up.

This

I didn't trust it enough to use. As a hatcher. So I gave mine to someone that wanted to hatch.

Told them the issues.

The got 9 of 10 egg to hatch.

If you know the issues and compensate for them you can have good hatches, just a lot more work to get it.

Back
Top Bottom