Total chicken carnage...(long) UPDATE

Yes figure the loss of two months eggs. I would tack on say 100 bucks or so for the loss in eggs. Since you have to get new hens and they need to settle in probably two months total would be reasonable.

If the owner is not located ( have the pound check for microchips on the husky). Perhaps someone who cares enough to keep the dog properly at home will adopt it. All animals should be lucky enough to belong to people that care about their welfare.

In reality you may not get to recover your costs. I am so sorry you have to start over.

Thanks everyone for your replies and ideas. I know we most likely wont get anything from the owners, but at least I have my list prepared like the animal control officer said to. I know we will get more chickens, but they wont ever replace the one's we lost. And I will miss hearing my 3 year old son excited shouting, "Mom, mom! Mr Deeds (our roo) was trying to get Lucky (our BR hen) and he was chasing her, and then he got her. He got Lucky!" It always cracked me up. He meant it so innocently, but yet, it was so true.
lol.png

If anyone starts whining about the price of eggs? My girls aren't laying yet and I just checked my Island Market receipt and last weeks carton of 12 "Organic Valley brand, cage free, organic, brown egggs" was $5.99.
th.gif

Those girls have got to get it together and grow up!

Friday night we got a knock on the door. It was the owners of the dogs. He was the farmer who rents the field employee. When we asked the farmer he didnt know his emplyee had the dogs. Anyways, because of who they were we let it slide a little. They felt really bad (which they should) and gave the kids $60 to buy new chicks. They said they just got the dogs 3 weeks ago and had been keeping them kenneled when they weren't home, but they got out that day. The farmer said he would match what his employee gave us, but Dh doesnt feel its necessary.

Back
Top Bottom