Tough Decisions

This could be a great opportunity, but it sounds like you are close to overload. I have no doubt that you could carry off such a deal. Just your resume as presented indicates that you are a doer. It sounds as if the initial costs to you will be minimal. You could bail out if it became too much to handle, but I think you deserve a little time to just be a "kid". That "kid" part isn't meant to be demeaning. I'm 69 and kids get older all the time.
lol.png
Whatever you decide, you will be a success in life. Your attitudes remind me a lot of my daughter. (Now that's a real compliment.)
lol.png
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Quote:
x10. What is the worse that could happen??? I would have given my eyeteeth for an opportunity like this when we were young and frisky. You don't have to do anything wild and crazy to start and then gradually put your ideas to work also. PLEASE keep us all posted on this, and pics would be nice.

It's big. But the only things in life that I regret are the opportunities I had and passed up. You will learn much, go for it give it 110%
celebrate.gif

hugs.gif
I love you guys.

I'm hoping she will let me think about it, and study more and give me a few months to save up some money and make a responsible decision.

wee.gif
If does seem like the chance of a lifetime.

But remember folks. This isn't going to be a huge money making business. The store is small. And I live in a town of like 5 thousand or less. But just while we were there for 20 minutes talking to her 2 people came in and bought food. I think it would be a good adventure, and experience if nothing else.

We'll see what happens. I will let you guys know.
smile.png

Right now it's just a little empty room with white walls, and a few shelves with some dog food on it, then another large room with feed bags.

I can just see the store decorated in chickens
tongue2.gif

It has lots of potential given the chance.

I would still go to school. I would probably try to work another job until I see how it went unless it got too much. My boyfriend will still work elsewhere for sure.

There is a LOT to consider, and think about. So much I don't even know. It will be a slow process for sure. But I would love to find out more.

Last edited:
I'm sure she makes wayyyyy more money with the grooming/boarding business. Be aware if you would eventually take over that business as well, it is a 24/7 job. If you live in the store building you will be hearing alot of barking. There's a lot more physical labor with the part of the business that she is keeping than what you'll be taking over. If you decide to go for it, make sure you have a legal document drawn up by an attorney. It would be worth talking this over with an atty once you get closer to a deal.
Good Luck with your decision.
Slinky

I'd carefully consider this as others have said, but on the surface it definately looks good as far as location. Check to make sure no other feed store business is slated to build in your community anytime soon. TSC's are popping up EVERYWHERE now in small towns. Starting out you'll not want competition until you are more comfortable with your clients and KNOW the store operations like the back of your hand.

Back
Top Bottom