"Tough ole Birds"

PamperedChix

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 19, 2013
My husband raves about how tender our chickens are. Everyone knows how the "more mature" hens can be a bit tough; or at least mine were. I understand that these chickens are not the plumped up commercial grade chickens bought in the grocery store; and these chickens were our older hens (2 + years old), so I knew I would have to slow cook them to make them tender. I tried several recipes and they still came out chewy; then I baked them in my Pampered Chef covered baker. I knew the covered baker was great for cooking my ribs and stews so I wondered if this may work. The Covered Baker is glazed stoneware; if you have used staoneware you know how wonderful these products are. I baked two chickens @325 for a few hours and then let them cool for a while before I deboned them. I made “Chicken with black beans and cream cheese” I will post this recipe later. If you are interested in looking at this item go to my website: http://www.pamperedchef.biz/CarolynsCookingNow
under stoneware.

Funny - I saw your title about tough ole birds and was ready to talk about my 8-year-old Brahma hen, Frack.

Now I'm cringing about the thought of eating my favorite pet!

Sounds yummy, though.

Back
Top Bottom