Tough Week (now Ruby)

Thanks. I don’t think I will poke her again. I assume that’s what you meant @Texas Kiki? I plan to continue the doxy for a 7 day course at least, maybe 10. It doesn’t appear to be helping yet, but when she was sick in the spring, it took awhile for her to respond to treatment and she was in worse shape. It was enrofloxacin then, but I thought just a few months seemed awfully soon to put her back on that. Plus, I’m concerned about the possibility of aspirating her. Popping pills is quick and not too stressful.

I’d like to do a second round of aloe detox, but not in the heat. Unfortunately, we’re heading into a heat wave for Tuesday and Wednesday. I washed and refilled all the waterers tonight along with getting misters and fan ready to go. In the morning I’ll place some metal feed pans of water around and dump some buckets of water around to dampen the ground. I also have several small blocks of ice in the freezer (I use silicon mini loaf pans for this.) Heat is hard for all of them, but especially Ruby now with her condition.

Back
Top Bottom