Toulouse Geese questions

Gayle Ambrosini

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2016
NW Indiana
I just got 4 French Toulouse goslings last week that are SO adorable (and smart it seems)! I just have a few questions.

They're tagged so I know the genders right now, but will I be able to tell them apart when they get older? How can you tell a goose and gander apart once they're grown? Size? Markings? Voice?
Also, any idea how much brewer's yeast to sprinkle on their crumbles? I don't want to give them too much or too little!

Thanks.
smile.png

Gayle

ll geese with nobs tend to be so much easier to tell apart.Ganders nobs are bigger then females.Ganders are also louder,and usually are somewhat bigger,hens are usually smaller,and almost have a quacking sound.Also,hens have a lonp dip by their vent/stomach area,she will almost look over weight.

I just got 4 French Toulouse goslings last week that are SO adorable (and smart it seems)! I just have a few questions.

They're tagged so I know the genders right now, but will I be able to tell them apart when they get older? How can you tell a goose and gander apart once they're grown? Size? Markings? Voice?
Also, any idea how much brewer's yeast to sprinkle on their crumbles? I don't want to give them too much or too little!

Thanks. :)
Gayle

Exciting! Do you have pictures
1f60d.png

Our current baby geese are 4 weeks old.
I have taken them out daily to get their fill of grass. Since this is their natural diet. And they would prefer grass over their all flock feed for sure! Lol
And they eat nutrena 'all flock ' with nutritional yeast
For brewers or nutritional - 1 tablespoon per cup of feed

Exciting! Do you have pictures
1f60d.png

Our current baby geese are 4 weeks old.
I have taken them out daily to get their fill of grass. Since this is their natural diet. And they would prefer grass over their all flock feed for sure! Lol
And they eat nutrena 'all flock ' with nutritional yeast
For brewers or nutritional - 1 tablespoon per cup of feed
Okay 4 weeks we need some pics
smile.png

Sorry got a little carried away since they were loading i had to take advantage of it haha
1f923.png
Sunny here this morning! So they are taking full advantage
1f642.png

@Miss Lydia

Last edited:
Sorry got a little carried away since they were loading i had to take advantage of it haha
1f923.png
Sunny here this morning! So they are taking full advantage
1f642.png

@Miss Lydia
They are so big and so precious.. Thanks for sharing @Ducks4us .. I was reading another thread and saw you had posted some pics from last week. I am going to have to stay in tuned with the goose thread so I can keep up with Norman and Meredith
love.gif
Just want to squeeze them both.

They are so big and so precious.. Thanks for sharing @Ducks4us
.. I was reading another thread and saw you had posted some pics from last week.  I am going to have to stay in tuned with the goose thread so I can keep up with Norman and Meredith :love Just want to squeeze them both. 

1f917.png
They are very squeezable!!
1f495.png

Adorable little gooses!!
I have pics of my Frenchies from 2 days to present, I just haven't been able to get in here to post them and now it's time for bed. lol
I will work on it tomorrow.
Love your babies. <3

Back
Top Bottom