Toulouse Geese - What Gender do you think these are?

MonicasGarden

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 28, 2011
Hemet, California
These are our 2 1/2 month old Toulouse geese.

Not sure if anyone can tell what gender they are by these pictures, but what are your guesses?

Only one has a bump on his the top of his bill.

78320_071011_008.jpg

78320_073011_004.jpg

They look like African Geese to me.

This is a pic of ours when they were around 2 months. We had 1 boy and 2 girls.
geese.jpg

Usually the one with the more pronounced knob the earliest is the male.

Last edited:
Agree, they do look like Africans.

Like Raelyn said, the males usually have a bigger knob. They'll also usually be larger in size, will act more masculine, & carry themselves differently. They tend to be the first to challenge you by stretching out their necks & hissing. The females, on the other hand, tend to act more demure.

Last edited:
Wow, they do look like African geese....we were just guessing that they were Toulouse... good to know

The one without the nob seems to act more masculine right now... we will keep watching their actions more.

I have a young pair of Africans and my female is SO much more slender than my male. He's a real chunk and it's very obvious who's what! My male also has a small "dewlap" under his chin already. He is a regular African.

Last edited:
They look like a male and female. I don't know if this rings true for all geese, but my gander has a skinnier neck than the hens, and the bump on his bill.

They aren't Chinese.

I suspect that if you got them without knowing what they are that they are mutts. They look like Africans more than anything.

They are lovely. No way to tell what gender by the photos.

Back
Top Bottom