Toulouse geese

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Just have a few questions about toulouse geese. I don't want them to be aggressive when they get older I know it's the individual bird itself but given it to be less aggressive would it be better if I held it and touched it or be around it all day or should I give a space to have them scared of me so never comes around? Any suggestions would help thank you

Just have a few questions about toulouse geese. I don't want them to be aggressive when they get older I know it's the individual bird itself but given it to be less aggressive would it be better if I held it and touched it or be around it all day or should I give a space to have them scared of me so never comes around? Any suggestions would help thank you
Are you hatching them yourself, buying newly hatched or older geese or goslings, usually if you hatch they will imprint on you and will be close to you most of their lives, the ganders can get testy during mating season but that's normal. goslings bought from hatchery or feed store can bond with with owners also so just spend alot of time with them sitting and being close, they will probably be in your lap without you doing much to catch them. Geese are very loving and personalbe. older goslings [my goose was 4 months old and hadn't had much people time] so she is still stand offish but will eat out of my hand, but it doesn't bother me that my 2 geese don't climb in my lap as long as they enjoy my company as much as I do theirs.

I had bought these at a feed store they were about 2-3 days old, they seem to have imprinted on me a little when u bring then outside the follow me around but inside when there buy the ducks they want nothing to do with me, but I was wondering cause I raised Chinese geese from day olds and they turned kind aggressive with age! Was wondering how to try and prevent it I bring them outside for an hour or so a day just them and have them follow me around the yard and sit near me to get use to it.

I had bought these at a feed store they were about 2-3 days old, they seem to have imprinted on me a little when u bring then outside the follow me around but inside when there buy the ducks they want nothing to do with me, but I was wondering cause I raised Chinese geese from day olds and they turned kind aggressive with age! Was wondering how to try and prevent it I bring them outside for an hour or so a day just them and have them follow me around the yard and sit near me to get use to it.
Different personalities also, my Toulouse isn't aggressive at all with me, but my Embden gander is hateful to anything other than the Toulouse his mate,breeding season is in full swing here. but other times of the year he is pretty laid back, some breeds are more mellow than others. what your doing is good, they will imprint to a certain extent but it's when hatching that real imprinting happens, so just enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom