Toulouse hatching eggs

Paintbox 1

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone, this is my very first post so be kind :) i have read alot on here and done research but it never sets you up for the real thing, everyone has different ways of hatching so it confuses me.

I have 4 eggs in on day 29 or 28 if you don't count the day you put them in !! I have done everything ok up until now, they are all wobbling around so glad they are still alive, now do i put humidity up when one pips ? Some do some don't I'm starting to panic, do i dont i !! As ive got this far, will they ever even pip it feels like forever......im in the uk

Its at 50% and has been all the way through, should i wait until one pips first ? Someone else said to leave it as it is, its hard work lol

50% is good then for now. I incubate closer to 30-40% so I up it right away at lockdown. Since you incubated at 50% I'd leave it for now or only up it to 60%.

Personally when I get pips my humidity gets upped to 70%, I like it to be very humid because I pull chicks out after they have hatched.

I also drop the temperature to 37.1c for lockdown and hatching, but that is my preference because I run so high hunidity.

Personally when I get pips my humidity gets upped to 70%, I like it to be very humid because I pull chicks out after they have hatched.

I also drop the temperature to 37.1c for lockdown and hatching, but that is my preference because I run so high hunidity.
Is that with geese eggs ?

no but its what i do for chickens, ducks and turkeys, cant see Geese being any different from the research I have done
Chickens im a pro but geese first time so a little anxious dont want to loose any so ask to many questions, i think ive done to much reading up on it and its addled my brain, some leave it some put it up some mist some don't, it can send you mad wondering what to do for the best :)

Back
Top Bottom