Toulouse started laying.

Rosebud 18

Songster
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
middle Tn
I found 2 goose eggs wednesday (one was broke) and then friday I found another one. So I put some straw in the large dog house that my other goose used to hatch her babies in and put the 2 eggs in there. This morning I noticed her going in and out of the house and banging around while she was in there. I figured she was scratching out her nest. This afternoon I found another egg. That's now 3. I don't won't anymore geese this year. If I can sell the eggs how much should I ask for them?

Depends on what breed it is and if people in your area would buy geese eggs.
Are those fertile eggs or just for eating.
Some people buy it for arts and craft as well.
You can ask a dollar per egg but if it is a Sebastopol geese, you can get for a fertile egg $10 to $20 each, if you ave good looking birds.
Google you egg online and see how much other people or selling it.
And if you don't want the eggs, give them away if you don't want to deal with all of that.
Goodluck. And if you don' want any goslings keep taking the eggs.
If you don't have a gander male geese, the eggs will not be fertile.

Depends on what breed it is and if people in your area would buy geese eggs.
Are those fertile eggs or just for eating.
Some people buy it for arts and craft as well.
You can ask a dollar per egg but if it is a Sebastopol geese, you can get for a fertile egg $10 to $20 each, if you ave good looking birds.
Google you egg online and see how much other people or selling it.
And if you don't want the eggs, give them away if you don't want to deal with all of that.
Goodluck. And if you don' want any goslings keep taking the eggs.
If you don't have a gander male geese, the eggs will not be fertile.

I have 2 ganders. I just had 11 goslings to hatch the 25 of April. I sold 3 of them but now I have become attached to the other 8. The man that bought the 3 came back and want some more of them but I just can't let them go. I'll call him and see if he wants the eggs.

That's Mikey my pilgrim gander. I got a pair from Metzer last year and the female died about a week later. I tried to replace her because I wanted to raise pilgrims. I couldn't find one anywhere so I decide to go with toulouse. I'm not sorry because my toulouse are so gentle.

Well I sold 8 goose eggs today for $7.00 each. I put some pekin eggs in her nest so she will keep using it. I'll take them out when (if) she lays more eggs.

Back
Top Bottom