Townline Easter eggers

Okay, our third Townline EE (Honey) started laying today and it's BLUE!!! The olive-colored jumbo egg is Sandy's, as is one of her usual eggs in the middle. She's still working things out apparently, on the inside. So two out of three are green/blue. Not too bad.

Ok, super jealous here;)! That egg is beautiful-very happy for you:D. I was just out in my coop and collected my third (count it, third!) egg from our ee that lays the sandpaper eggs. Still sandpaper finish and a really weird shape. Not super happy with the egg laying on these birds (like I said, one has layed 3 eggs total and the other lays MAYBE 1-2 eggs/week and they are tiny). Oh well, always next year! Nice that you have a variety of colors from your girls:). Thanks for posting pics!

I know I'm bringing back an old thread, but I have a question. I am about to go pick up about 8 chicks from a local lady in my area (actually, it's about 2 hours away, but she has Ameraucanas, for Pete's sake! I HAVE to get them!) that she ordered from Townline. She has two of each: Ameraucanas, Silver Laced Wyondottes, Golden Laced Wyandottes, and two Amber Links. She says she ordered pullets, but last year, she ordered 12 from them and 4 were roosters. How are their odds? Anyone get a disappointing rate of roosters when they paid for pullets when ordering from Townline? Just nervous to end up with even MORE roosters! (Out of my 6 pullets from Tractor Supply, 2 were roosters, and out of 8 straight runs, 100% were roosters. Just my luck! Now I have 10 roosters and 7 pullets.
he.gif
).

Thanks in advance!

No, but last I knew Townline doesn't sell Ameraucanas. The sell Easter Eggers. They call them Ameraucanas on their website but I think if you read their description carefully they say they're also called EE. I ordered three last year and they're definitely EE. Beautiful EE and still my favorites. Just want to clarify that.

As for your question, I ordered 12 chickens from them last year and got one rooster out of 12. I don't think that's too bad.

No, but last I knew Townline doesn't sell Ameraucanas. The sell Easter Eggers. They call them Ameraucanas on their website but I think if you read their description carefully they say they're also called EE. I ordered three last year and they're definitely EE. Beautiful EE and still my favorites. Just want to clarify that.

As for your question, I ordered 12 chickens from them last year and got one rooster out of 12. I don't think that's too bad.
Ah that makes sense. I scanned their website and saw Ameraucanas but didn't read the descriptions. I'd be perfectly happy with EEs. They seem to have more variety in looks. :)

Hoping my luck turns around and I have all pullets. :) Really want a bigger laying flock, and want to justify the 2 hour drive for 8 chicks. Would stink if they were mostly roosters again. :/

This is me, bringing back a dead thread... So I see everyone on here says theit Americaunas from Townline are EE, but the Townline website itself says they are true Americaunas, not to be confused with EEs as they are not mixed birds. I bought two about a month ago and thought I had EEs. Now I don't know what to think. Does anyone have any recent experience with Townline and there Americaunas/EEs? Are they true Americaunas like the website states they are?

I've purchased some ameraucanas from tsc and they are coming from townline hatcheries this week. Very nervous as now that I have gone to townlines' website, they don't seem to carry ameraucanas. I'm seeing that they advertise the EE's. I've been waiting a couple of months thinking they would be ameraucanas. I'm surprised that tsc would not know the difference. Well, wait and see I guess. Hoping for the best.

Whenever you get Ameraucanas from a big hatchery, they will never be true Ameraucanas (I believe the exception is Meyer's As they do say theirs are not to be confused with EE and others have great reviews on them but don't quote me on that). They will always be EE's (I love EE but it's false advertising and it's wrong) EE's can be Ameraucanas that don't fit the Standard or mutts. Anytime you see ANYONE saying they have Ameraucanas or Araucana's and that they "lay a range of colors" or "lay blue and green eggs" then they're just EE's. True Ameraucanas will not lay anything other than blue, and is never spelled with an i. I always tell people who get the Ameraucanas/Americanas/etc from feed stores that they're just mixes and the likelihood of blue eggs are slim. You could get blue, no doubt.... but you're much more likely to get browns/creams/and greens. I've only ever had Townline Ameraucanas and between me and my cousins who all got ours from that hatchery, most were green a few were brown. We've never gotten blue in all these years. Ever. I do know a few people who have blues from there, but they're few and far between. My most recent Townline chicks laid bright green eggs and one that laid a sage color.

Never expect the best from hatchery birds. I think you guys will still love your birds and I'm sure you'll get a variety of color from pink, brown, and green. I just wouldn't get your hopes up for blue as it's hard to come by.

As for the feed stores not knowing the difference... the workers aren't there to learn about every breed detail. Heck I'm surprised when they tell people the correct things the chicks need. A guy came in with a box of dead ducklings because he had been told to feed them grit and grit alone. I corrected him and the store reimbursed him for the ducklings with new ones and the proper food for free. I see the breeds mislabeled all the time and correct them. I put one guy in his place because he kept telling people the pekin ducks would fly south for the winter. They just see the labels on the boxes when they are shipped and dump them in a tub. Rarely do they have proper knowledge on the chicks.

I will say this, Easter Eggers will always lay better than an Ameraucana. I get massive green eggs from them about 6 times a week whereas when I had breeder quality Ameraucanas their eggs were decent size and stunningly blue, but I might only get 3 a week. Hatcheries are about egg production - not color, not appearance, and not shape. If you want birds that lay blue eggs, it's best to seek out hobby breeders or serious breeders who have proof of their blue eggs so you know what you're getting.

I don't have any answers for egg colors from the Townline birds. I do have 4EEs from MPC last year. 3 lay green eggs and 1 lays a cream/pink egg.

This year I purchased 3 Araucana Ameraucana pullets from Family Farm and Home, which were supplied by Townline Hatchery, in early April for a broody hen. I had questions about the chicks and Townline was very helpful. Their "pullets" have a 10% chance give or take of being roosters and they Marek vaccinate before shipping out to the local stores.

I am pleased with my chicks, they are hearty little birds and have in been in coop with the adoptive mom since they were about 1.5 weeks of age. They are thriving and integrated with the others just fine. All 3 are feathering in differently and two are light and one is brown (3 browns and a black/brown from last year's EE's). I am looking forward to seeing their eggs this fall.

Anybody have any updates for the Easter Eggers from Townline that are now laying? I am thinking about getting some from my local Family Farm and Home Store and curious about the looks of the hens and the colors of the eggs....Also, about how many eggs are you getting/week from each bird and how long did it take for them to start laying??

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom