Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mommy of two, Aug 20, 2013.
Are the berries from a burning bush plant bad for chickens?
Does it go by another name?
I believe all parts of the plant are poisonous. I think I would get rid of it or at least put something around it so birds can't get at it. Good luck
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/burning-bush If your pet ingested this plant, contact your local veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435.
Most toxic plants also taste bad. The taste alone usually stops intake, usually. My land scape is peppered with toxic plants, most are avoided although some are consumed in small amounts with no obvious ill effects.
Thank you! Our burning bush really doesn't have a whole lot of berries on it right now but they were persistent on eating something under that bush! I shooed them away twice!
I've kept chickens since 1962 & have never heard of a bird eating anything that was harmful to them. They have instinctive knowledge of what they can & can't eat.
I found a list somewhere of plants that are toxic to chickens - garlic was on it - but there were also at least 3 plants that I have in my chicken area! I've not had any problems.