toys for chicks

susie6582001

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
does anyone have suggestions for toys to put in a cage for a 6 week old chick? she is seperated from the flock and inside the house as a pet, but seems to get real board in her cage... looking for ideas for toys that will be safe yet stimulating for her

welcome-byc.gif
to byc from ct.!!!
i dont have any toys for my chickens or chicks when they were babes! dont think you need any!!! they have eachother to play with!!
wee.gif

A stuffed animal, a mirror, a warm hot water bottle, something to peck at (maybe some greens in a suet feeder hanging?), a CD hanging at back height, apples cut in half and the core taken out to peck at...

My chicks love their stuffed dog in the brooder box. They are Rhode Island Reds and have done a minimum amount to chirping because they feel pretty darn secure. They cuddle up to that crazy dog that justhappens to be the same color they are. Some of them drape one wing of a dog leg.

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio Awe, poor chick all alone. Give her some stuff to climb on, like tree branches, books, stacked like a staircase. Give her an old stuffed toy. You might give her a clump of grass - dirt attached, so she can hunt for bugs & grit.

what great ideas!!! thank you all so much... "teacup" thanks you too... her home is now much more comfortable and interesting for her!!! she would love to be with the rest of the flock, but because of a severe injury to her nervous system, she has had to learn to walk all over again... but she's doing great.. but is so small compared to the rest, i just think that her safety would be in jepordy trying to reintroduce her to the flock..

Back
Top Bottom