Toys for ducks? Plus video of playtime

suburbanduckmom

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Belmont, CA
My duck likes to play with a small cat ball but she doesn't like other balls
hu.gif
. She has had this one since she was a duckling. My other duck has a toy stuffed lobster that she likes
lol.png
. They have a pond to swim in during the day but they are spending more time in their pen now that it is dark early and I don't want them to get bored. Its just the two of them for now.

Do you give your ducks toys? What else can I give them to play with?

Bonus: adorable video of Daisy playing ball as a baby

Sorry I'm no help, but I just had to say a huge AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW. That video is too adorable!
love.gif

AWWWWW
When my ducks are older I gave them fleece wormies- I would tie securely ( so they could not bite them apart and swallow them) pieces of fleece - they were entertained by those
peas, spinach, leafy greens and stuff like that for them to dabble for in their swimming pool
ducks have so much personality ! fun! fun!

my ducks have more toys than most toddlers, lol. They are spoiled rotten. they have an assortment of bird toys that have mirrors and bells. they have some disco ball looking thing, and a wigalee worm, which is the only toy made specifically for ducks. It's a rubber band toy. They also have about 14 stuffed animals, including big ones they like to sit on. We have one stuffed toy we call "Dumb duck" because it's feet are sewn on where it's wings are supposed to be. They also have some smaller ducks that have a bellon the inside... they like the jingly noise. They also have a cat house looking thing i got from walmart. I altered it so it would be big enough for them to climb in. It has a floor that crinkles when they walk on it. phew.... toooo many toys! I'm also making them new toys for x-mas
smile.png

Sounds like I'm going to the pet store! I'm glad I am not the only crazy duck mamma who wants to give the ducks x-mas gifts:ya. What kind of toys do you make for your ducks nettie?

well i found some disco ball looking small oranments made out of plastic at target. I plan on gluing them better and tieing them together in a bunch... they seem to like sparkles.

I've also made them a piece of non fraying fabric with various things sewed to it. like big sequins and velcro... for some reason they really like picking at it. I'm working on a stuffed duck toy to sell on my website for baby ducklings that you can put hand warmers into.

i bought some cat balls for my ducklings today and they hate them lol, they are the ones that have a little bell inside so the ball makes noise when it moves and they refuse to go near it
hide.gif

This is awesome! My ducks have a floating dog toy - a duck - in their pool. They nuzzle it. So I'm not crazy. Phew! I am totally making and buying more toys for my darlings. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom