Toys in Brooder

Master S.M.C

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2009
Maryland
I Just wanted to know about the average toys you guys place in the Brooder for the chicks to play with during the day, I completely forgot about that.

I've never done it before, but I'm thinking about a mirror this year. I'd love to see those reactions!
lol.png

There was a post about this a couple days ago. I put a cardboard box on it's side (mine is stable on it's side, make sure it can't fall over and squish them)...they go in it and also jump on top of it. I also have a 2x4 ramp in there that they run up and down on, and sit/sleep on.

Mine also LOVE an upside down tupperware lid with Parakeet grit sprinkled in it. They play in it, scratch and sit in it, and eat it. I hope they can't OD on this stuff...they LOVE it!

Quote:
Yes there was... got my wife and I thinking about how we could spoil ours, most of whom will be 2 weeks old tomorrow (Wednesday). We took a playground thingie we got a Petco for our parakeets that they never played on and gave it (all cleaned up of course) to our bantam cochins... This is them 4 days ago. In a week they will almost be too big to play on it anymore.
P1240310.jpg

We need to make some little split level thingie with a small box, a ramp and something else. We want to take advantage of the vertical space of our dog carrier brooder so's when they get bigger they won't be so cramped.

I put 2 plastic cups RED in the brooder and they push them aroun all over. I was told to hang CD's as they are attracted to shiney things so i may try that as well.

We always have a bale of straw or hay for them to play on. I also bought a child's xylophone at the Goodwill and hung it on the side of the run. We have a homemade swing but haven't hung it yet.

Back
Top Bottom