Toys

McPeckles

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2021
My (4) 6 week old chicks have refused any enrichment we’ve tried! They don’t even like the mirror! They huddle in whatever corner is furthest away from whatever we try to give them. Even last night, we put their bigger hanging feeder in to get them used to it (we are moving them to their big girl and boy coop this coming weekend) and they acted scared of it. We put their favorite treats in it and they warmed up a little to it but not much. I told my husband they won’t starve themselves to avoid it but I wonder if they will!? Anyone with experience to this??? Pic for attention of my babes.

Attachments

• E57D9555-3C65-47ED-B230-0EC8172CDC4B.jpeg
    E57D9555-3C65-47ED-B230-0EC8172CDC4B.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 11
Chickens are...well, chicken. Especially youngsters. They have to adjust to most things for a day or two.

Transitioning to their coop, I suggest you do use whatever feeder you will be putting in there, but also provide one they are familiar with (grew up with).
Most of the time, left to their own devices, they will explore new objects in their own good time. I usually just place whatever "new" with them, then ignore it - they will finally become curious enough and investigate.

Chickens are...well, chicken. Especially youngsters. They have to adjust to most things for a day or two.

Transitioning to their coop, I suggest you do use whatever feeder you will be putting in there, but also provide one they are familiar with (grew up with).
Most of the time, left to their own devices, they will explore new objects in their own good time. I usually just place whatever "new" with them, then ignore it - they will finally become curious enough and investigate.
I left their baby feeder in there too. So we’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom