Track Identification help please?

The tracks that are the most clear honestly look like bird tracks, but maybe not big enough to be a hawk, so maybe other bird picking at them before I got home from work. There are so many tracks. My red bird looks like a ghost did it honestly there are so few tracks. This was between 9am-1pm
Crows.
The other tracks are a small fox.

The bird tracks aren’t my chickens. But I don’t think big enough to be a hawk and not shaped like an owl. We do have bobcats and fox around. I thought they would be okay during the day :( they’ve been so happy to free range and even laid throughout the winter on their own this year with all the sunbathing and roaming time.

The tracks that are the most clear honestly look like bird tracks, but maybe not big enough to be a hawk, so maybe other bird picking at them before I got home from work. There are so many tracks. My red bird looks like a ghost did it honestly there are so few tracks. This was between 9am-1pm
Yeah those look like fox, as long as you don't have a small dog.
Do you have anything you could put by them for better size comparison? If it's fox they probably have a nearby den. They reuse dens so if they're there now they'll probably always be. I have a den a few hundred yds away from my house and I've battled them frequently.

Okay thank you. It seems that fox is the answer. I appreciate you taking the time. There was a fox den near by a couple years ago - mama with babies. I wish they would just eat them or take them and feed their babies. I hate the killing for sport. Thanks again.
You're welcome.

In my opinion when a fox or coyote catch something it's because there hungry, they would carry it away to eat. Coons, mink, weasel and dog will kill for fun and eat very little.

Are these similar? It could have been a fisher or marten as there was damage in the neck area. Screenshot_20240112_212436_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_212436_Google.jpg

Back
Top Bottom