Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Midnight Majesty Maran Females

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Black Jersey Giant Females

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger Females

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
I am not at all familiar with the Prairies. Tell me, are all of their eggs that big? New breed? Where available??
I'm also curious now 👀
Woah, that's a big egg!
:) looks like the size of a duck egg!
They are not a recognized breed; a hybrid that Hoover's Hatchery created. I don't believe all of them would lay that large (we certainly haven't gotten any that big since), but they lay beautiful and relatively big eggs about 5 times per week :)
https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/prairie-bluebell-chicken/
https://hoovershatchery.com/prairiebluebellegger.html

My local Tractor Supply got their chicks in today! 😍😍😍
These are the options! Which would you go for????
If you would like to provide some information on these breeds, have pictures, or a comment.... please by all means tell.
I seen that they are coming available tomorrow (Friday)!!! They will be letting them rest for the rest of today, so I will probably be getting them tomorrow afternoon.
I want to make a good choice on the breeds!
I will get two or three breeds - so vote for the choice you would make!
What is it you are raising these chicks for? Meat? Eggs? Pets?
I raise 'em for eggs and buy Golden Comets.
When we first started, the birds were as much an attraction for the grandchildren as a food source so I bought whatever was cheapest and a couple of Polish and a pair of ducks (Cheese and Quackers)
We wound up with different sizes of eggs as well as different colors and shades. But when the kids grew up, we went back to Golden Comets and nice large brown eggs. Fourteen hens and one rooster are providing abut three dozen eggs a week.

Back
Top Bottom