Tractor Supply Sentinel Chicken Coop Modded, Super Sized!! with Pics

Alzeal

In the Brooder
May 12, 2021
Hi all, I wanted to share my little weekend project. I basically got 2 and slapped them together. I also have a video with a little tour. Enjoy!

image0(6).jpeg

Attachments

• image0(7).jpeg
    image0(7).jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image1(2).jpeg
    image1(2).jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    770 KB · Views: 91
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 94
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    488.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 116
That's pretty impressive mod.
Someone grew up with an 'erector set'?
Still a 'tiny coop' tho.
Haha, growing up I was always building little contraptions that would drive my mother crazy.

Anyway yup you're correct, this setup is a little smaller than I would want. While I was in the Philippines for a good bit of time, my family has about 10 acres over there our flock would have to free range. On the other side of our house there is an area of about 8x50 feet, however unfortunately that is the side that I have a neighbor. To avoid any potential future issues we opted to have our chickens in this little secluded corner. Just hills to the left and front. My goal is to have 6 pullets. We just have 8 for now just in case we lose a chick or one turns out to be a roo. Once they get larger we'll see if we need to thin the flock.

I wish we can let them free range as well, but that hill to the left has a flock of falcons that constantly circles lol. Also I'm in a pretty rural area in southern California so plenty of coyotes, racoons and opossums every where.

Makes a perfect broody-hen-hatching-tons-of-eggs-all-the-chicks set up. I can’t tell, did you weld the joints? And use the door frames for windows? It’s fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom