Trader Joe's "cat tuna" for protein

Snack Giver

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Seattle
Guys, these cans from Trader Joe are often only 39 cents and the birdys love it! i think it is tuna by-products because the cans say "for pets only" and it looks like a mishmash of tuna parts. still, it is protein for my girls and they need lots so they can lay an egg a day! If you have a Trader Joe store near you, go to their pet food section. Plus, this is probably the healthiest pet food out there since it is just tuna, no additives..
love.gif

oh boy do I miss my Trader Joe's
hit.gif

We are now in Texas and that is the one store I miss the most !!

My daughter is stationed at Camp Pendelton right now so when we go see her we always stop at Trader Joe's to reminisce and stock up on our favorite items we can't get here in Texas.

they just opened the first In&Out in my area so there is hope that a Trader Joes just might make its way to the south.

sorry to go off on that tangent.....

Tuna is a great protein source......I will keep an eye out for store brand sales of tuna....sometimes you can catch a 3/$1 sale....

I'm thinking packed in oil would be best for that little extra nutrition and benefit. What do you think ?

No Trader Joe's here, either, but the fairly large can of canned mackerel in the tuna aisle is a decently priced sub....

Back
Top Bottom