Traditional Serama

Here are some that hatched 2 days ago

Black Mottled - black rooster/chocolate hen.......this one carries chocolate if it's a cockerel, yellow legs

Black Mottled? Rooster silver duckwing, hen solid black (carried mottled), nice yellow legs

Not sure, rooster blue wheaten, hens blue and one blue mottled.

Little fella

Love the colors. Wished they stayed that way. Sure are cute.

Here are some that hatched 2 days ago

Black Mottled - black rooster/chocolate hen.......this one carries chocolate if it's a cockerel, yellow legs

Black Mottled? Rooster silver duckwing, hen solid black (carried mottled), nice yellow legs

Not sure, rooster blue wheaten, hens blue and one blue mottled.

Little fella

Here is a young cockerel by T-Roo, my wheaten, chocolate carrier and out of a black hen. Hatched in January. I'm hoping he develops nice enough to consider breeding him this summer. He is black with nice yellow legs and has a 50% chance for being split for chocolate.

Here he is in the brooder

Now if he'll just stay all black with no red leakage.....a tall order considering he isn't black to black breeding.

Here is a cockerel, hatched in Dec 2011 that I'll be offering for sale. Same type breeding but his dad is T-Roo's son (Tiger) a wheaten that is also split for chocolate so this young guy also has a 50% chance of carrying chocolate. His mom is a black pullet (dad is T-Roo and mom Bugsy, a very nice black hen with a lot of chest) He's black with a lot of green sheen already, teeny bits of red leakage and swarthy legs. He can pull himself up nice and has nice leg length. Hard to tell at this age how good his type but his back length isn't too back for this age. He drops his wings nicely and can pull his tail up but isn't quite all that full of himself just yet. In the cage with his buddies, a pullet and an Araucana chick, he's got plenty of poise.

Color legs does not make them american Only type will tell you that . The malay type is bred to be extreme but if you think just because his legs is yellow he is an american then you are confuse yourself kate ...

Just another chick pic. This one is out of Brooster's pen. Not sure of the color, this pen is for all funky color hens that are not otherwise in a project pen.

This lil chick has more red than any of my others. Can't wait to see it feathered out

Finally have confirmation that my cockerel (Tiger) by T-Roo (who carries chocolate) is also a chocolate carrier. I hatched a couple of chocolate chicks out of Tiger's pen but it was soon enough after the hens were moved from T-Roo's pen that I knew they may have still been fertile by T-Roo. Well, the hens with Tiger now are the chocolate hens, they had previously been with Kingsley, my black rooster and produced black chicks. I hatched a chocolate chick from Tigers pen yesterday that is definitely chocolate so I have a second rooster that is a chocolate split now and I expect to see more chocolate chicks soon.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom