Train a chicken to lay eggs in certain place?

Quote:
According to information I've read on BYC, your hens may be squatting for you... It means that they are submitting to you, as if you are a rooster about to mount them. I think it's a hen's way of showing you respect. I haven't seen it, personally, in any of my girls; but it may become more common in flocks where there is no actual rooster for them to "worship".
wink.png

Also when I am out in the yard they follow me all over, which I love, But when I turn to face them many of them kind of crouch or bow down, spread their wings slightly and do a funny type of dance, what is this all about Never seen it in all my years with chicks..

That's a mating / submission behavior. They see you as the boss roo. Most hens will squat when you get close, some will do that wiggle dance too.​

REFLEX1957, are the ones that do a little weird sideways walk and drop one wing down to the side roosters? If they are, that may mean that they are ready to spur you so I'd watch my back. My roosters would walk kinda funny at me and drop down one wing sometimes when they'd walk towards me.

I'm not sure of the "squat and spread the wings" dance is. One of my hens does that when I go to pet her. I'm not sure if it's a submission thing or she's scared.

Back
Top Bottom