Trained young Easter egger to fly on my arm and shoulder.. well it’s a roo 😂 hopefully he says sweet.

Brittanygail

Chirping
Mar 11, 2023
Hey guys so ever since we got our babies I bonded with one more than the others. He always wants to be with me and fly on my arm, shoulder and even my head. Really thought he was a she.. Welp he is crowing now.. 12 weeks old and I’m kinda regretting letting him fly on me. I have attached a cute picture of him. Do y’all think he’s gonna try to fly on me and attack me? Last roo we had was really really mean..
81582940-937D-4138-A1C7-7F9DF4CDF01A.jpeg

There's always a chance that he will turn out mean, but if you've spent so much time with him and can train him, then I'm gonna say that he'll be a keeper. Just be careful when he gets older and jumps onto your shoulder that his spurs or comb don't catch your face. Combs can stab deep into soft parts of your face, such as under the eyes.

He's gorgeous! But, since he's not afraid of people at all, there's a chance that he could start being aggressive. I prefer roosters to be afraid of me, not terrified, of course, but keeping their distance. Right about now is when your guy's male hormones are kicking in, and if he's going to start attacking people, it would probably be now. You shouldn't let him onto your shoulder anymore, since he could hurt you badly if he wanted. Really, no chicken should be allowed up there. It's super cute when they're little, but as they grow, they don't really fit anymore 🤭 Just watch him carefully, especially if he starts threatening you.

Back
Top Bottom