Training a Chicken?

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I don't know if this is a normal behavior or my friend's daughter REALLY trained them.

She takes my 2 silkies chickies (ok teens, they are about 12 weeks old) and she runs way out in the yard with them. She sets them down on their backs with legs in the air, and gets them to keep their heads down. Like they're DEAD?! Then she runs back to the house and they STAY. Don't move until she calls them. Then they flip over and coming to her like crazy fast. She throws them a piece of squash of whatever we have and then they do it again!

Is she really teaching them to play dead?!

I have to get video of this... she did it last night and told me she's done it with them the last few times she's been over. At first I thought, she was hurting them, but she was very gentle. Its was an AMAZING site. I gotta get her over here tonight or tomorrow and make her do it again for youtube.

If you look on youtube under 'hypnotizing chickens' or similar, they is a couple videos in which the chickens do appear to be playing dead. It sounds like your friend did this , plus added the stay command and calling them. They work for squash, huh?? Pretty smart!!
smile.png

lol -

The second technique is the Sternum Stroke Method. Gently put the bird on its back. It may be necessary to use a book, purse, or other item to keep the bird from rolling onto its side. Hold the bird down. Lightly massage the bird’s sternum, using the slightly spread thumb and index finger of one hand to do the stroking.

“A bird will stay hypnotized for a couple of seconds, minutes, or hours,” says White, although in her demonstrations they’re “out” for only minutes. Regardless of the method used, a sudden movement or loud noise will bring the chicken out of the hypnotic trance.

This is actually used on the game farms for pheasent and quail....this is done to dizzy the birds so they stay put for the hunters and their dogs....nothing new here!

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom