Training my city chickens

With my rooster and one of my hens, it takes about 30 seconds for them to figure it out and start doing it on most things. Once in awhile they need to see it a couple of times and then they finally get it in two or three days. The other hens are young and are also starting to learn fairly quickly, with again, an occasional need to repeat on some things. before they actually get it I was really surprised how fast they learn.

My daughter is going to try it tonight. I'll tell you how it goes. Basically we did the same thing. Reward for doing the trick. We didn't use a clicker. I have a clamp that clicks so we are going to try that.
I guess I'm a little nuts too.
lol.png
I don't see any difference in having a pet chicken and teaching it something than having a dog and doing tricks with it.

That was awesome! I want to teach my Seramas how to be juggled (possible pipe dream, I know) and these tricks seem like good building blocks. I'll earn their trust, get them excited, and they'll never see it coming!
ya.gif
Thanks for sharing; I loved it!

Wow! I love seeing all of your enthusiasm. You will have as much fun teaching your birds as they will have learning. In fact, I think we'll be doing the whole chicken world a favor by letting everyone know they're much more capable than we have given them credit for. Training is good for us and good for them.

Back
Top Bottom