Training or enabling?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 1 acre willows, Feb 19, 2018.

1. 1 acre willows

1 acre willows Chirping

Jan 15, 2018
    Montana
    So my very first go at incubating landed me with one lone feathered soul. Pretty sure we have another roo on our hands due to his physical size and feathers coming in at 6 weeks. His feet have always been abnormally large from day one. With the sub zero weather outside we can't bring ourselves to put him out with others. So the pet as he's become thinks riding around on ones shoulder is like cruising the strip one some perfect summer night with the top down. Anyone else have this problem with their young roosters?

SonoranChick and Iva S. like this.
  2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

:lau

Sorry, I am not going to be of any assistance because I have no experience with roosters but I just wanted to say that your description cracked me up!!

SonoranChick likes this.
  3. featherhead007

featherhead007 Crowing

Feb 2, 2017
    Poplar- Porterville CA.
    Roos are great fun until they realize they ARE roosters, then they change into an almost different bird. I raised 7 roos from egg till 3 weeks into crowing.. Had to sell all but one.

SonoranChick and Iva S. like this.
  4. Iva S.

Iva S. Songster

Jul 8, 2017
    Ah yes, the roo to parrot transformation begins! My first roo loves to climb all over me and especially get on my shoulders. Later, when I hatched some eggs (4/5 were roos!!!), all of those roos started climbing on me too!

SonoranChick likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: