traveling across country with chickens

I know this thread is older but I am thinking about doing the same from Washington to Maine. Is it selfish? I love my chickens dearly and they sit on my shoulders while I clean the coop sometimes. Are all the certificates necessary? I’ve traveled with my dogs and cats and never had to provide papers for them when crossing state lines. Also what’s best to feed them? Should you worry about veggies that might keep them more hydrated along the way? It sounds like Cetawin has the most experience. Any others want to chime in with their experience maybe? Thanks in advance everyone.

I know this thread is older but I am thinking about doing the same from Washington to Maine. Is it selfish? I love my chickens dearly and they sit on my shoulders while I clean the coop sometimes. Are all the certificates necessary? I’ve traveled with my dogs and cats and never had to provide papers for them when crossing state lines. Also what’s best to feed them? Should you worry about veggies that might keep them more hydrated along the way? It sounds like Cetawin has the most experience. Any others want to chime in with their experience maybe? Thanks in advance everyone.
I am wondering the same! Moving my flock of 26 from Arizona to North Carolina. Definitely worried but seems like it can be done!

Back
Top Bottom