Traveling with a incubator full of eggs?

C&Rman

Songster
8 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Nevada
We are going to Montana June 18th, and my eggs nor my incubator hasn't arrived yet. So the likely outcome we will be taking them with us. We have a plug in that can be plugged in to the cigeratte lighter. Will this work? We will be using the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco so we don't have to turn each egg just the incubator. we will be trying to hatch peacock eggs!

I honestly don't know. But I wish you the best of luck!
fl.gif

I did this with chicken eggs a few years ago. My eggs were due to hatch over Thanksgiving and we were going to be out of town. I put them in a closed egg carton inside the incubator (car adapter) so they wouldn't roll. It was a 7 hr car ride. They hatched about 5 days after we got there - 100%
smile.png
Don't know how it would work for peacock eggs though

A 100% hatch rate that is great. Idk if it would work with peacock eggs
hu.gif
we have a 10hr drive, the only thing I am worried about is I will start incubating them at my house for about 13 days then unplugging them and transporting them because I dont know how long it will take for my incubator to warm back up again....

C&Rman :

A 100% hatch rate that is great. Idk if it would work with peacock eggs
hu.gif
we have a 10hr drive, the only thing I am worried about is I will start incubating them at my house for about 13 days then unplugging them and transporting them because I dont know how long it will take for my incubator to warm back up again....

Plug it in first let it warm, maybe with the eggs in it then move it to the vehicle???? No idea
lol.png
but hey it sounded good. This should be interesting.

Suz​

I use the power converter for transporting eggs about to hatch to the Fairgrounds every year. Just plug and go.
smile.png

Wow.. so cool.... talk about a hatch-a-haul-ic... ha ha ha... haul... get it.... (
hide.gif
)

Brinsea's don't take long to warm up at all. Can you get some foam from a craft store to make egg holders for them? That was my biggest fear was my eggs rolling around and breaking.

I have used an inverter plugged into my cars cigaret lighter. I had an egg turner in my incubator so the eggs didn't roll around. I didn't plug in the egg turner just the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom