Traveling with incubator

doggydr

In the Brooder
May 5, 2020
I planned on hatching goose eggs and they are coming at an inopportune time. I cannot trust them to anyone in my family, and need to travel with my incubator, a Genesis 1588. Has anyone done this. Yes, I know it may not work but I want to try.... So ....is there a power adapter that will work? I saw a dewalt auto power adapter on home depot site that plugs into the car but has regular electric plugs in it.... I also messaged the incubator warehouse to see if they have any ideas. Thanks all!

I found an eggsitter.... I did go on the incubator warehouse web site and they do have a car adaptor for the 1588 if anyone is interested.....
Good you found someone....because just because you can power an incubator off a car(usually meant for residential power outages) doesn't mean that running incubators with eggs will travel well.

My only comment on the power is to watch for the Amperage of the circuit, make sure you are covered. Heaters can draw high amps, don't blow a fuse.

In the car you do not want to shake or jostle the eggs. Shaking is a big part of why shipped eggs are known to have problems hatching. So make sure it is cushioned well. Also, the 1588 manages moisture by which reservoirs have water in them. You do not want the water in the reservoirs to slosh out into others. By getting unwanted areas of the incubator wet the humidity can skyrocket.

The 1588 has a heater not an air conditioner. They can heat up cold air but cannot cool off hot air. Cars parked in the sun can become ovens. Beware so you don't cook your eggs.

I've had some work schedule changes, hence the traveling..... and...I found an eggsitter.... I did go on the incubator warehouse web site and they do have a car adaptor for the 1588 if anyone is interested.....

You can get a power inverter. I do have one equivalent to the one I'm posting pix.
inverter.PNG

Mine is also 400 watt continuous power output,,, but that is more than enough.
I don't see why traveling with incubator in car should not work. When you get home,, just unplug, and re-plug inside home. You may have to keep adjusting your day schedule every time it looses power. (gets unplugged to move to new location)

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom