Treating a burn

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ridgefire, Jun 21, 2008.

1. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I've been working on burning a stump out of my backyard. I didnt really think much of it. It was just smoldering, no open flame, but you could see a bit of smoke once in a while.

I had the flock out free ranging while I was working on digging my trench to the barn. So I was keeping an eye on them but yet I wasnt. I did see the one leg horn over by the smoldering stump, scraping around it. Again I really didnt think much of it.

Well next thing you know I hear this very loud screech and see her shoot straight up about 5 feet. Silly girl found the hot coals. I quickly cornered her and checked out her feet. I dont know what to look for, her feet look ok, no blisters or red spots. She seems to be walking fine. I just dont know if I should put something on her feet or just leave her be and keep an eye on her.

Anyone?

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    She may have gotten out of there fast enough. Just keep an eye on her feet and watch for blistering.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by