Treating scaly legs in a scared chook

Lalegid

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 26, 2014
One of my chooks has scaly legs, I plan to treat her by soaking her feet in oil and applying vaseline. Problem is she isn't a tame chook, what's the best way to go about treating her? It's easy enough to pick her up at night, I'm not sure how to keep hold of her without really stressing her out!

I just dip their legs in mineral oil (veg oil will work) every day then every other day, for 2 weeks (it is important to do it for 2 weeks).

This will smother the mites. I also spray the coop or dust the coop. Those mites can also attack the comb so if they have, you can put oil on the comb too.

x 2 on the oil. After a few dips provide her some relief, she may be easier to handle. Catch her at night, it will be easier on both of you.

Thank you. I will try the oil and see how it goes. Her comb looks ok but I'll have a proper check :)
I have some stuff to dust the coop, I think it's the right stuff for mites. Has a crazy name, starts with D. Apparently it's a natural product and should do the trick, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom