Treatment Coccidiosis in Duck

asorensen

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
Milton, Florida
I have a duck that has been in with some young chickens and they ended up with coccidiosis. I took the duck out and treated the chickens wih Sulmet. I need to know how to treat my duck. I was afraid to just give her the chicken dosage since she drinks so much more than chickens do and I can't seem to find any info online thus far. I need to treat her ASAP...Thanks

I have a duck that has been in with some young chickens and they ended up with coccidiosis. I took the duck out and treated the chickens wih Sulmet. I need to know how to treat my duck. I was afraid to just give her the chicken dosage since she drinks so much more than chickens do and I can't seem to find any info online thus far. I need to treat her ASAP...Thanks
Purchase Amprolium from Amazon. 1tsp per gallon in drinking water for a week then half as much for 10 more days. Don’t add anything else. I just saved 3 of my young Muscovy hens yet I lost 13 before I knew what it was.

Purchase Amprolium from Amazon. 1tsp per gallon in drinking water for a week then half as much for 10 more days. Don’t add anything else. I just saved 3 of my young Muscovy hens yet I lost 13 before I knew what it was.
Revise…it’s 2tsp per gallon of clean water for 5 days, then 1tsp per gallon for 10 days.
My hens are so much better with color in their faces, they were orange and now they are red, and they are eating and thriving with my older 6 Muscovy hens and 4 Muscovy drakes. I have 5 more days of mixing the Amprolium in their drinking waters.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom