Treatment for crust on prolapse vent

Thanks again for your advice. Also thanks for encouraging me to persevere with the regime. I saw no progress for a week and was really fed up but last few days it's coming on in leaps and bounds. Only about a cm square of scab left. It was enormous to start with as the gross pics showed. She also is much les stressed by being handled now and seems to like her warm Epsom salt baths ☺️
Great!
When you get a chance, post a couple of updated photos so we can see the progress.

The tissue under the scab, is it still protruding too or has it started to go back inside the vent?

Great!
When you get a chance, post a couple of updated photos so we can see the progress.

The tissue under the scab, is it still protruding too or has it started to go back inside the vent?
I managed to get the last of the scab off today hoorah. I have pushed the prolapse back in. it popped back out when she pooped but she isn't pushing it back out otherwise. I guess it will take a while to settle. Luckily she isn't laying at the moment which will help. I am glad it happened in winter. I will keep cleaning it and popping it back in when I see it is out. Apologies I didn't take a photo this morning and am reluctant to restrain her now to do it so I will take one later on or in the morning and post. You will be amazed at the difference.

Back
Top Bottom