• i dont give treats

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

QueenCleo

In the Brooder
5 Years
What kind of treat would you give your baby chickies
jumpy.gif

There is actually a really good chart on here, just search for chicken treat chart, and it tells you what's bad also, at the bottom. I've been told to wait a couple of weeks at least to start giving treats and just feed to chick starter. But mine love plain yogurt about once a week for gut health (make sure it's plain, unsweetened, with the good bacteria in it) and strawberries have been their favorite! They didn't even much look at the yogurt at first until I sprinkled some of their food on top. Now it's a race to see who can eat the fastest! The strawberries always start a chicken football match, racing after each other, since apparently stolen food tastes much better! Another good thing to give them after a few weeks, is a clump of dirt from their run that they will live in, some dandelions in dirt, other small weeds, not much grass that isn't chopped finely though. I hear long blades of grass can get all tangled up in their crop! Mine are about to be five weeks old tomorrow, my first batch! How old are yours?

Awwwwwww! That's something I've wanted to give them is the millet. I hear they like crushed oatmeal and even cooked oatmeal! I'm not sure if they need grit with millet or not, but I was told, with anything harder than strawberries or yogurt, to give grit. Or sand for those tiny babies. I have fifteen. I planned on getting twelve of one breed, but fell in love with idea of colored eggs, so I ended up with 6 Black Orpingtons and 9 Easter Eggers. Now I'm pretty sure I only have one or two girls of the six, but probably 5-6 of the others.

Yea i have a variety of chickens:
1black australorp named Blu
a silver laced wyandotte named Anne (she is loud)
1 barred rock named Dolly
1 Americana (Easter egg-er) Named Diana
2 Rhode island red twins named Colette and Bridgette
1 white leghorn named Jewel

fun facts about them
they are all hens
favorite song is beautiful creatures (movie version) from Rio 2
Coop is named Cluckingham palace
Favorite activity is kicking their bedding into their water dish (little rascals)

That is just about everything

Awwww that's a great collection! Lucky you in ask being hens too! Though, I'm going to get another batch from a different breeder and keep one rooster from each to hopefully have my own babies one day.Yeah I forgot about crickets! The first time I put them in, they practically screamed and jumped out of the way. Then they realized they could eat them....let the games begin! We're thinking about calling the coop Fowlsom Prison and naming one of the girls June Carter and one of the boys, the Man in Black :) I have not tried to play music for them yet, but my BF and roommates all play guitar and sing, and they seem to really like that. I've named my favorite, an Easter Egger, Pearl. the runt was named Red by my BF, it's gonna be a girl, pretty sure, and two of the white faced Orpingtons my roommate named Frank and Hank

Back
Top Bottom