1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

tree hit by lighting

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by piecemaker, May 25, 2011.

1. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    We live on top of a hill and we get at least 2 trees a year hit by lighting. A week or so ago our neighbor had a tree struck. It was about 50 yards from out tin barn. When it got hit it was like a bomb there is bark and wood over a 20 to 25 yard area. Here are a few pictures I took today of the tree. The bark just exploded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a picture of one of his gardenia (sp?) Thought it was a prettyt picture

[​IMG]

piecemaker

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cool pics. I'm waiting for one of our large yard trees - an oak, an elm, a pecan, a pin oak, a black walnut and several hickory trees - to get hit. [​IMG]

You spelled gardenia right. They smell so wonderful. Keep meaning to go up to the cemetary and take a clipping off of one DH's grandma planted up there, but...

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I wish I could smell the Gardenia.

4. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:Had 3 in the office the other day and had to move them out they are so strong this year. Just wish they would bloom longer.

piecemaker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by