Trim Fantails for breeding ?

In my experience, no they do not require the tail to be cut. It can certainly help if you notice fertility issues but most of the time it isn't necessary. The main thing I have had to trim on my birds is the downy fluff around the vent.

Mary you are in Rowan county as am I. A Rowan girl by birth, but now live in cabarrus county. I have not posted anything since the site has changed until yesterday and I guess I am doing something wrong. I can not getting any replies. Is there a different process?

Last edited:
In my experience, no they do not require the tail to be cut. It can certainly help if you notice fertility issues but most of the time it isn't necessary. The main thing I have had to trim on my birds is the downy fluff around the vent.

Thanks Mary, I will give that a try.........

Mary you are in Rowan county as am I. A Rowan girl by birth, but now live in cabarrus county. I have not posted anything since the site has changed until yesterday and I guess I am doing something wrong. I can not getting any replies. Is there a different process?

Hi there! :) I just started visiting again a couple days ago so I'm not used to this new layout either. I just realized you have to click the reply button with the quotes on it in order to reply to individual people. I'm used to there only being one reply button per post, not two.
The replies, do you mean you posted a thread and no one is replying? I haven't done enough in the past couple days to really check out what all has changed.

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CLOSING THERE TAIL LIKE A NORMAL BIRD A FANTAIL CAN NOT THAT IS THE WAY THEY WERE BRED. JUST LIKE FRILLBACKS JACOBINS WE HAVE BRED A TRAIT THAT IS NOT NORMAL

Back
Top Bottom