Trouble Candling

gatrapper

Songster
8 Years
May 20, 2015
Georgia
Hey Y'all,

I put my first batch of quail eggs in the incubator 5 days ago. I went to candle the eggs and I am having a lot of trouble trying to see any development in the eggs. I have never had a problem candling chicken or duck eggs. These tiny quail eggs with the dark shells seem impossible. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey Y'all,

I put my first batch of quail eggs in the incubator 5 days ago. I went to candle the eggs and I am having a lot of trouble trying to see any development in the eggs. I have never had a problem candling chicken or duck eggs. These tiny quail eggs with the dark shells seem impossible. Am I doing something wrong?
Coturnix quail or button quail?

Hey Y'all,

I'm not a candler.. Brown eggs. If the hen is there three days, I just scoop her up and the eggs and bring her inside.. Wait for the cheeps, it's fun and god knows I could use some.

Day 6ish for these eggs.
Can you tell which ones are good (developing) versus which ones are clear?
Screenshot_20210418-140540.png

Back
Top Bottom