Trouble with EE eggs

I just love their lil puffy faces
droolin.gif

and this one was one of the VERY first chickens I had bought, that started this chicken craze!

62852_025.jpg

I had 2, outa a mixed bunch...1 hen, 1 roo. they were just the most beautiful things ever.

then also, a dog attack
sad.png

this time i'm putting electric fence around the bottom of the coop! ha!

I'm so sorry to hear that two of your girls were killed.
sad.png
They were very pretty. I hope you can get some new ones hatched.

I don't really care too much about the chickens being pure bred. I care more about if *I* think they're pretty and if they lay well, and lay pretty, multi colored eggs. I have 8 hens and 1 cockerel. None of the chickens lay exactly the same colored egg, so it makes for a fun egg carton. I've had a couple people mention my BCM are really good looking and possibly show quality, but frankly, I'm scared to put them in a show and have them out of my immediate control.

It should not take longer for the EE's to hatch. I hatch EE's all the time and they are right along with my others, I do have one EE that I recognize by the color of her egg(happens to be a beautiful blue) Her eggs never hatch. They develop but never pip. Makes me sick but I keep trying. If your eggs look the same could they all have come from the same hen? You may have the problem I have whatever that is. The shell seems no different and the air pocket develops normally.

Good Luck!!

man, I hope that's not the case. But they do look all the same. uh oh....

it's about 12 eggs too! ugh. this would be my luck. BUT...I'll post some pics later of the 5 fuzzies that did hatch
big_smile.png

I'm going to give the green eggs another day or two...but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom