trouble with eggs

emmadamage

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Ok not sure if i have got a bad batch of eggs, been steady temperature and humidity all the way through, turned enough ect. I posted abother thread saying i couldnt see inside the eggs, well i got a more powerful light and still cant see clearly, out of the 12 i had 4 infertile, 2 died after only a few days. The only egg i can see clearly in has healthy veins and a LOT of movement. A couple of the others im not convinced are doing anything but in the rest i can only see clear enough to see a dark mass...have these gone bad or are they alive? Help! Im on day 11 and getting very disheartened with my first go at incubating :(

Give them time and keep candling every other day to see if they are changing/developing. I found that some eggs are hard to candle, so if you're not sure leave them and check again later. I had a batch of eggs a few months ago under a broody hen that did not show me any positive signs of live and development until they hatched! And I used an excellent light for candling. So if in doubt, give them more time. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom