"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you....

b.hromada :

Quote:
I love that song!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I have the mounted fish that sings it..... woooohooohooohoohoooooooo

LOVE da bob man, reggae is my thing.​

Quote:
I think it absolutely is true. Even the people who love us unconditionally and would never do anything to intentionally hurt us are still only human, and humans make mistakes. Spend enough time around anybody and, at some point, they're going to do something to bring us down...even if they only let us down.

Most people understand this inherently, and they don't expect perfection out of everyone in their life. Most of us have coping mechanisms to deal with being let down or brought down by those who love us, so we just deal and move on and forgive and things work themselves out.

Those who don't have those coping skills can't do that. Some people go from one person to the next, to the next, to the next, continually looking for that one "true" person who will never hurt them.....and they're perpetually disillusioned, disheartened, and disappointed when they're on the losing end of the other person's mistake.

I've seen it. I've known people like that in my own life. Eventually, they wind up alone, having alienated everyone who ever got close enough to them to make a mistake that was hurtful.

Having said that, I really do think Bob Marley's absolutely right.. It seems to me that what he's talking about -- basically -- is tolerance for, and forgiveness of, the faults and imperfection of the people who love us. Personally, I think it's a beautiful thought, conjured up by a beautiful mind.. It's one I'd never heard put that way before, and I appreciate the OP sharing it with us.
smile.png

Quote:
And you miss out on half of life. Living in a bubble is not good, I've tried it.
Truly living means opening yourself up to all the love....and all the pain. The pain just makes the love that much more precious.

Yeah, I know I don't make sense.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ow! Ow ow owowow. You hurt my feeling. At least I think guys have one whole one.

I hate getting hurt. Then I hear about other relationships, that are great and the couple love each other more now than when they first met.

First I envy them.

Then I feel angry at them.

Stupid happy people [kicks sand].

Last edited:
Quote:
And you miss out on half of life. Living in a bubble is not good, I've tried it.
Truly living means opening yourself up to all the love....and all the pain. The pain just makes the love that much more precious.

Yeah, I know I don't make sense.
hide.gif

Yes you do make sense! And your totally right!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom