Trying Moyers this year

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Kim_NC, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
  2. ccm352

ccm352 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    Lansdale PA
    Moyers is in PA not OH.. Thats where I got my meaties too.. I got brown layers and meaties at the same time. 3 weeks later my meaties are 3x as big!

3. Kim_NC

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Ooppsss....you're right...Quakertown, PA. I was thinking of something else I had ordered out of OH.

Anyway, very interested in how they turn out.

Are you happy with yours? Tell us more about them?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. ccm352

Mar 8, 2011
    Lansdale PA
    So far they are pigs. Im a newbie with the whole chicken thing. I got 10 birds. 7 egg layers and 3 meat birds.. Right now the egg birds keep jumping out of the brooder.. The meaties cant do it. Its crazy.. They were the same size when I brought them home.. Now the meaties have to be 1 1/2 lbs. They are 3 weeks old. My daughter looks at them and said the little ones are the egg layers and the big ones are dinner. [​IMG]

i will post pics tomorrow when I go back to work.

5. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Yep, Moyers is about 15 minutes from where my mom lives. Unfortunately, they're about 1 hour away from me, and it's hard for me to get down there. I just ordered from Ideal because I'm very happy with the Cornish X I got from them before, and I only need to order 15 to have them shipped. I can't really raise more than 15 Cornish at a time.

Please keep us posted on how these birds do for you - I'd really like to order from them! Maybe I will later this summer.

6. Kim_NC

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Cornish X and pigs. Think those names are synonomous. LOL

We're currently cleaning out the chick room and getting the meatie tractor ready. I'll keep ya posted.

7. Kim_NC

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Well the little monsters ...errr, I mean meaties....arrived this morning as expected. Nice looking. Healthy. 1 DOA, but they send 10 extras, so no problem.

I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow.

8. ccm352

Mar 8, 2011
    Lansdale PA
    my 4 week old meatie from moyers.. close to 3 pounds

[​IMG]

9. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Wow! That is huge! My meaties are almost 4 weeks old but I don't think they're 3 pounds. I'll have to weigh them to see what they do weigh. They are getting big, though!

10. Peruvian

Peruvian Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Vermont
    I've ordered from Moyers in the past and then several other hatcheries, but I'm going back to Moyers this spring. Their K-22s are very similar to FR/RedBros IMO as well. I raised some of them a few years back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by