trying this again hopfully better pictures!

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
Hen or roo?

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

One in the back I already know the one infrount is a rooster
PICT0008.jpg

PICT0010-1.jpg

PICT0014-1.jpg
PICT0016-3.jpg
PICT0017-3.jpg

PICT0018-1.jpg

PICT0019-1.jpg

Black chick couldnt get a face pic but her poof on her head is so big you cant even see her face has no comb present I am thinking hen?

PICT0020-2.jpg

PICT0013-2.jpg
PICT0012-1.jpg

Grey ones still having a hard time getting pics of them but here is a pic of there tails side by side and a pic of the one I believe is a hens face.
PICT0022-1.jpg

PICT0025-1.jpg

Quote:
I know they are so hard to sex! I just needed to know because if so I have 2 roos in with one hen and needed to either rehome one or place it somewhere eles.

I think its too early to tell for sure. We just learned our hen was a roo at 10 weeks. I am not familiar with that breed either. Might have to sweat it out a little
smile.png

Quote:
LOL I love my silkies but i never thought when i got into this breed they were so hard to sex. Once i find out the gender of these 6 chicks once they begin to grow or lay. I have 6 more right behind them that I will have to sweat it out on there gender..LOL Gotta love those silkies
barnie.gif

The whites look like cockerels, the black looks like a pullet, and as for the greys, the pics still aren't clear enough to tell
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL...I knew for sure one of the whites was a roo but I wasn't for sure about the other. Guess I'll have to either rehome one or get some more females to go with the 2.

My aunt has 4 chicks that are all pullets I think we may have to do some tading..LOL otherwise she wont have a rooster..LOL

With my silkies the hens always seem to have a flat back where the roosters seem to have a dip between their tail and neck if that makes sense...lol
Roosters seem to stand more upright. Its really hard to tell with silkies. The rooster will have more comb. One of your whites looks like a hen and the black too. But i'm no expert.

Back
Top Bottom