Trying to be patient, waiting on eggs to hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BLaBauve, Nov 29, 2010.

1. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    So today is day 20 - almost day 21 now - and still no pips, but they are all rolling around like crazy! I've never actually seen eggs roll before - I wish I knew how close they were to pipping based on the rolling. I swear I heard a few peeps earlier, but I can't see any eggs with pips. . . I'm hoping an egg has a pip under it. I'm ready for chicks! It sort of like torture waiting on them to hatch!

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    its horrible torure waiting for them to hatch! If you are hearing peeping means they have pipped through the aircell and wont be long before they pip on the outside. This hatch I just did nothing on day 21. I was worried I had a temp spike at day 19, but on day 22 they hatched. They are 3 days old now and doing great. Eating drinking poo machines. Keep watching bet it wont be long. From my experience once that first one hatches the others will follow pretty fast.

3. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Congrats on your hatch! I'm hoping to see a pip before I go to bed, but I'm starting to think that may not happen. This is like pulling teeth!

4. howeser

howeser Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Lansing
    might as well just say it takes 21 plus days as I just went through my first ever hatch and the waiting is insane... but so darn awesome when they come out!

[​IMG]

5. humster

humster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2009
    New Mexico
    Rolling around! That sounds so exciting. What breed are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by