Trying to determine breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KDailey, Jun 27, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    So I'm new to the whole chicken shindig so I haven't the slightest idea about different breeds. The lady I got my chicks from has had chickens for two years and knew a good deal about them when she was telling me about them.

I got 6 chicks total. 3 are bantums and 3 are standard. Of the bantums, she was pretty certain that the solid back is a Silkie. He's got 5 toes and a few feathers going down his legs. The 3 standards she was also pretty certain they are all Cuckoo Marans. I found a picture on here and I think I agree. So that leaves the 2 remaining bantums. She wasn't just real certain as to their breed but her description of them was "Just regular little banties" so I'm guessing that means they're probably nothing special.

One has very prominent chipmunk markings. I've seen instances on this site where people mentioned this pattern but I never could pin point exactly what they assumed the breed was.

The other is hard to describe other than it's a golden brownish color but it's head is darker, almost black but not quite, as well as a strip going down it's back. It's not a real destinctive stripe, more like it's just shaded.

Any ideas about the 2 unidentified bantums? I can try to get pictures later but we've got super slow internet that makes uploading pictures and such very time consuming and I don't have all that much time to sit and wait as well as our internet is limited.

2. vjbakke

vjbakke Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    Pics would help!

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Yep, we're going to need pics... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by